STILLWATER, Okla.— The Oklahoma State University men’s lacrosse program, a member of the Lone Star Alliance (LSA) Division II Conference, has opened a search for a head coach starting with the 2020-2021 season.
The new head coach will serve with existing coach, and former Cowboy, Dustin Bunch.
The head coach is responsible for the development and guidance of the team, both on and off the field. He or she should be dedicated, knowledgeable, and passionate about the game of lacrosse and willing to put in the time and effort required to lead a successful program in the MCLA.
This is a part time commitment from September through May.
- Ability to attend 2 practices a week in both the fall and spring semesters
- Willingness to travel with the team to all games, home and away, on weekends
- Develop productive practice plans
- Develop comprehensive game plans
- Help maintain a positive relationship with high school programs in Oklahoma, and assist recruiting future players
- Maintain relationships with other MCLA coaches to help officers plan competitive schedules
- Assist student officers in building and maintaining relationships with alumni and other program supporters
- Shares responsibility for promoting and maintaining the integrity and reputation of Oklahoma State University and the Sport Clubs program
- Serves as a leader and a role model on and off the field
- Willingness to teach basic skills to new players, along with advancing the skills of experienced players
- Passionate about the game and driven to excel and win
- Knowledge and skills relating to the sport of lacrosse
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior experience playing or coaching lacrosse at the collegiate level preferred
If you are interested or have any questions, please contact team president Kyle Kerr.